- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Dirge of Cerberus
- Tactics: War of the Lions
- Character Bios
- Other information
- Crisis Core
- Final Fantasy I (PSP)
- Final Fantasy II (PSP)
- First things first, Enter a name |Default: Ramza| and your Date of Birth
- After the intro, which you can skip, you are thrown into battle
Note: Unlike most Final Fantasy games you are on a virtual chess board, your
characters can move about but have to move within range of an opponent to
attack, swords can only be used if the enemy is adjacent to you, magic, bows
and special attacks can be used further away, but are limited by range. More
info can be found in the Other information section.
Chapter One - The Meager
- After the opening sequence of the chapter and the save prompt, you are
thrown into battle. This is different from before as you control more than
just yourself, so keep in mind positioning.
- Now we see the world map, the orange spots are battles/events and green
ones are normal places to visit, press
select party roster, use this to upgrade your squad, make sure you do this
often, or you may find that something they can learn will be useful in the
coming battles. Now, put your cursor over Mandalia Plain for
- After the cut-scene again select Mandalia Plain and battle the enemy.
(If your route is blocked by a battle you have to do it, there is no
avoiding them). In this battle you have 2 objectives, defeat the enemy and
rescue the hostage. Select option 2. You are more than likely going to lose
one of your men in this, simply because they swarm at you and your chemist
may not have phoenix downs.
- When on the world map, go back to Gariland, this is just a little extra
info that you need to get out of the way. So either read it or just keep
- Back at the World map, select Gariland and choose Outfitters, here is
the shop, all major cities have them, inside you will find weapons, armour
and items. If you select fitting room, you can buy items for individual
characters. Select optimise to get the best for that character.
- After exit and head to Eagrose Castle.
- Once you are done here you have a new mission, so make sure you visit
the outfitter. Once done, select the Siedge Weald, just before the city of
- Defeat the enemies. There are bombs here, so when they are low on health
they will self destruct if they are within range of one of your characters.
- I would save here, the next battle is hard, to save press
world map and select "Data" then "Save", also visit the outfitter at
Gariland for new clothes, these increase defence. You can also walk
backwards and forwards between the cities to get random battles, gain more
- Now head to Dorter for another battle. In this one Delieta and Argarth
go off up the hill, so it's just you and three others to take on the rest.
- After the battle, equip the Iron Sword to Ramza (you win the sword after
the last battle) and save.
- Now head to the Zeklaus Desert, just north of Dorter
- Battle time, this one you split into two teams, now the main body of the
enemy will head to the side where Argarth is, and Delieta will head the other
side, get Ramza to cover him and send the rest of your squad to the other
- Once the battle is won, head to Dorter and make sure you are prepared.
- Head to Eagrose Castle, you may encounter battles on the way.
- Before heading off visit the outfitter
- Now head for the Brigand's Den south of Eagrose Castle for a new battle,
this battle is annoying rather than hard, there are two white mages that
need to be dealt with, because they can cure the enemy and have black magic
too. There are also thieves who steal gil and items.
- Once you win, a cut scene will play
- Head back to Eagrose Castle
- After the cut-scene make sure you are well supplied and head to Mandalia
Plain for a cut-scene (I still think the cut-scene graphics of this game, in
their simplicity, are the best of any game)
- Head to Gariland and save, if you have not already, re-supply here,
because tough battles are ahead.
- Now head to Lenalian Plateau for battle
- Once the battle is done, head back to Gariland and visit the outfitter,
there are some useful items here for later.
- Now save and head to Fovoham Windflats, north of Lenalian Plateau for
cut-scene and a fight
- A fool would not save at this point, and, if you need to, re-supply at
- Now head off to Zeikden Fortress for a fight. My advice, don't worry
about the other enemies, Just go after Argath, he's the one you need to
beat, once you do the battle will end. Tip: Argarth uses auto potion, best
way to beat him is have Ramza and your Chemist on the first squad and when
his mages use magic stand next to Argarth so as to hit him too.
- There is a cut-scene to signal the end of Chapter One
Chapter Two - The manipulative and the subservient
- First thing is to allow Ladd, Alicia and Lavian to join your party, this
is good because they are of a good level so you can "fire" the weak ones in
your party. Quick note: don't bother helping Gaffgarion he leaves your party
soon anyway, don't waste time on his abilities.
- Now head for Dorter for a fight.
- After the battle, make sure you visit the outfitter, and if you want to
earn more gil go to the tavern and select errands, this is a new one on the
list that allows you to send some other party members to help others or to
search for treasure, can be quite rewarding. Remember to check your
abilities before battle, for example, Ramza's Squire job now can learn
Steel, this gives an ally +5 bravery, bravery is useful as it increases
reaction and if an ally's bravery falls too low they will leave the team.
- From Dorter head east to Araguay Woods for battle, choose to help the
- If you succeed Boco can join your party, Chocobo's can be used in battle
the same way other characters can. Keep an eye on your party roster,
Chocobo's breed quickly and you could soon be over-run with them.
- Now head on to Zeirchele Falls for another battle. Your job is to
protect the princess with the help of Delieta, but Gaffgarion has changed
sides so watch yourself, the princess can use an ability called Aegis which
casts Shell, Regen, Protect, Re-raise and Haste. Re-raise will revive her if
she is KO'd.
- After the battle another awesome cut-scene follows. Save when back on
the world map.
- Head for Zaland, south of your current location for battle, you must
save Mustadio, choose option 2.
- Before heading off, visit the outfitter then head south to Balias Tor, a
scene plays and then back to the map, choose Balias Tor again.
- After the battle a scene will play out.
- Now head to Lionel Castle, after the scene, visit the outfitter and then
head off west to Tchigolith Fenlands, do not walk into the water, it can
poison you, long range attacks are the the order of the day.
- Now head to the clockwork city of Goug, you split up with Mustadio so
visit the outfitter and the tavern for a quest, if you go to leave a battle
- Once the battle is over Mustadio will join your party, you should still
have the equipment he left when he left the party so just put those back on
him, the world map will change, you can no longer go back the way you came,
you must go back to Lionel by sea.
- Head by sea to Warjilis for a cut-scene, visit the outfitter. Go to
leave the city and another scene plays. Save.
- Head north to Balias Swale, your mission here is to protect Lady Agrias.
- Once you win head to Golgollada Gallows which will appear on the map. A
tough fight follows so make sure you are prepared.
- After this battle a scene will play out, Now head back to Balias Swale
for another scene then head to Lionel Castle and select Lionel castle gate
for a battle. Ramza will be alone with Gaffgarion but his attack only does
27 each time so, make your way down to the switch that is on the castle
wall, left of the gate and help the others out.
- After the battle a scene will play. followed by a battle, Delieta vs.
three enemies. Like before the princess will use aegis to protect herself,
your job is to kill them quickly. The princess will even use aegis on you.
- After the save, you will be shown the party roster, make sure all allies
- When you exit the party roster, you will be thrown straight into battle:
Defeat Cuchulainn, the Impure. To get the bet here deploy your 4 support
units (other than Ramza) 2 either side of the 4x2 area top left, bottom
left, top right and bottom right.
- After the battle a scene will play followed by a story filler.
Chapter 3 - The Valiant
- You start in Dorter, visit the outfitter for Flame shield and X-Potion
and visit the tavern for a errand. Head to Eagrose Castle outfitters for
Ancient Sword, head north from Dorter to Gollund, your mission is to protect
- After the battle head north to Lesalia for a scene go to leave and a
battle will follow, defeat Zalmour. Alma will cast Aegis on Ramza on her
first turn, the rest is up to you.
Papastew.co.uk © Stewart McDonald 2005-2013.
All Rights Reserved.